Cleveland Attendance Center
Attendance Specialist: Lynda Hoang
Location: Building 2, Ground Floor, Room 2050 (across from the Counseling Center)
Please allow 48 hours for attendance changes to occur on the students’ records.
This includes, but is not limited to: excused absences due to sports, field trips, and events that happen inside the school. Thank you!
- A letter is mailed monthly to parents of students who have at least 2 unexcused absences on their records.
- Parents/Guardians should excuse the absences as soon as possible
- Absences older than 2 weeks will no longer be excused
- Students, it is your responsibility to keep track of your attendance. Check The SOURCE frequently for current attendance information.
- For any discrepancies, come to the Attendance Office and fill out an Attendance Correction Form
Excusing Absences and Tardies
- Parents/Guardians must call, e-mail, or have your child drop off a note at the Attendance Office
- Always include a valid reason when excusing absences and tardies
Examples Of Reasons That Are Not Excused
- Alarm did not go off
- Woke up late/overslept
- Work (employers cannot require students to work during school hours)
- Missing the metro bus
- Consistent car troubles
- Family issues/emergencies that are not explained and/or confirmed by a parent/guardian
- Babysitting/driving siblings to school
- Leaving school without parents notifying the Attendance Office ahead of time
- Call, e-mail, or have your child drop off a note at least 2hrs in advance noting the time that your child needs to be released (i.e.: doctor appointments). This gives our office enough time to send your child an Early Release pass so he/she can leave on time
- The student will not be released without permission from parent/guardian via phone call, e-mail, or a note
Update Your Contact Information
- Only contacts in our system under your child’s name are allowed to pick him/her up, and call in absences and early release
- Please check in with the Attendance Office to ask who is on your child’s contact list, and update when necessary
Your Child Arrives Late to School
- Have your child come to the Attendance Office to receive a hallway pass to go to class
- Having your child check in with the office also ensures that we can give you accurate information on whether or not he/she made it to school safely and on time
- Students more than 10 minutes late to class are marked absent
Missing More Than 3 Days of School
Pick up a Pre-Planned Absence Form in the Attendance Office