Cleveland Attendance Center
Please allow 48 hours for attendance changes to occur on the students’ records.
This includes, but is not limited to: excused absences due to sports, field trips, and events that happen inside the school. Thank you!
- A letter is mailed monthly to parents of students who have at least 2 unexcused absences on their records.
- Parents/Guardians should excuse the absences as soon as possible
- Absences older than 2 weeks will no longer be excused
- Students, it is your responsibility to keep track of your attendance. Check The SOURCE frequently for current attendance information.
- For any discrepancies, come to the Attendance Office and fill out an Attendance Correction Form
Excusing Absences and Tardies
- Parents/Guardians must call, e-mail, or have your child drop off a note at the Attendance Office
- Always include a valid reason when excusing absences and tardies
Examples Of Reasons That Are Not Excused
- Alarm did not go off
- Woke up late/overslept
- Work (employers cannot require students to work during school hours)
- Missing the metro bus
- Consistent car troubles
- Family issues/emergencies that are not explained and/or confirmed by a parent/guardian
- Babysitting/driving siblings to school
- Leaving school without parents notifying the Attendance Office ahead of time
- Call, e-mail, or have your child drop off a note at least 2hrs in advance noting the time that your child needs to be released (i.e.: doctor appointments). This gives our office enough time to send your child an Early Release pass so he/she can leave on time
- The student will not be released without permission from parent/guardian via phone call, e-mail, or a note
Update Your Contact Information
- Only contacts in our system under your child’s name are allowed to pick him/her up, and call in absences and early release
- Please check in with the Attendance Office to ask who is on your child’s contact list, and update when necessary
Your Child Arrives Late to School
- Have your child come to the Attendance Office to receive a hallway pass to go to class
- Having your child check in with the office also ensures that we can give you accurate information on whether or not he/she made it to school safely and on time
- Students more than 10 minutes late to class are marked absent
Missing More Than 3 Days of School
Pick up a Pre-Planned Absence Form in the Attendance Office