Cleveland High School Athletics
It is the mission of the Cleveland High School Athletic Department to provide our student-athletes with an opportunity to develop their athletic abilities to their full potential in an environment that promotes both high academic standards and the development of character and leadership, both on and off the field of play. We also encourage students to be active citizens, many of who are members of the Athletics for Social Justice Club on campus. We are a “no-cut” school for athletics. Follow us on Instagram: @clevelandeagleathletics
Get your CLEVELAND DUFFLE BAG HERE
JANUARY 5, 2022 WINTER SPORTS UPDATES (COVID RELATED INFO)
- Many SPS schools, including CHS, shut down athletics over the break due to an uptick in positive Covid cases in their schools, teams, and community.
- Athletic practices resumed 1/4/22 and competitions may begin as of 1/8/22.
- All student athletes, coaches, and managers involved with high risk sports (basketball, wrestling, cheer) – even if vaccinated – must be tested three times per week with antigen tests. The athletic department anticipates conducting approximately 280-300 tests per week.
- Metro League Fan Policy update: there will be no fans at SPS home games through at least 1/22/22. Mr. Truog and the CPUB team are working on livestreaming so our families and community can still see the games. We will send out links for the livestreams once finalized for certain events. For swim meets there will be no fans allowed all season per Seattle Parks rules.
- WIAA Covid protocols click here: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/820-105-K12Schools2021-2022.pdf
Athletics Update For 2021/22 School Year!
All student athletes must register to participate in sports, have an updated physical (can be done at the school, Teen Health Center), and you can pay the $25 ASB fee online or in person. Click on Athletics Registration. Or click here. If you participated in the past, the registration is a quick and simple update.
WINTER SPORTS BEGINS MONDAY 11/15/21 (except Bowling, which begins 11/3)
Girls Bowling – First practice Skyway Bowl, 11/3/21 4:30pm. Contact Coach Keys: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls/Boys Wrestling– First practice at CHS Cafeteria, 11/15/21 4:00pm. Contact Coach Rosario: email@example.com
Boys Swim – First practice at Rainier Beach Community Center Pool, 11/15/21, time 7am. Contact Coach Ann Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Basketball – First practice at CHS Gym, 11/15/21, Time 6:00pm. Contact Coach Nakeya Isabel: email@example.com Practice schedule during season Mon/Tue 6pm, Wed/Thur 4pm, Fridays alternate 4pm/6pm, Sat 10-12am.
Boys Basketball – First practice at CHS Gym 11/15/21, Time 4:00pm. Contact Coach Fred Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org Practice schedule during season Mon/Tue 4pm, Wed/Thur 6pm, Fridays alternate 4pm/6pm, Sat noon-2pm.
FEB 24, 2021: Cleveland’s very own Fiona Clayton (class of 2021, volleyball, basketball, fastpitch) has been selected as WIAA player of the week!
June 18th, 2020: Senior Athletics Celebration Video released! https://tinyurl.com/CHSEAGLES2020
Follow us on Instagram for constant updates, info, and flashbacks from 2019/20 seasons! @clevelandeagleathletics
What’s happening in eagle athletics:
Athletic Director: Jon Hughes 206-252-7846 email@example.com
Athletic Secretary: Beth Domondon 206-252-7800 firstname.lastname@example.org