Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Running Start (Dual Enrollment)

    Running Start is a recognized alternative course of study offered by community colleges and available to high school students who have earned sufficient credits to obtain at least 11th grade standing. Eligible students must be enrolled in a Washington state public high school, or meet all applicable requirements for home‐based instruction students, and demonstrate readiness for college level or professional/technical coursework in a college environment. There are major funding and enrollment changes to Running Start beginning in Fall 2011. Please read the Running Start Program Update for more information.

    To learn more about Running Start options talk with your high school counselor, the Running Start Coordinator at your local community college and visit OSPI Running Start Program .

    Running Start:

    What is the process for Running Start sign ups and registration?
    1) Research what college you would like to attend. We have students at Central, South, Bellevue and North Seattle Colleges.
    2) Request SBAC scores from School Registrar Ms. Tagupa. Students in the 3 or 4 range will be able to use the score for placement purposes at the college.
    3) Visit the Running Start college they wish to attend and create an ID number, and take a placement test or show their SBAC scores (SBAC scores could be obtained in the Counseling Center). Students will need forms signed by the student & parent, and filled out completely PRIOR to meeting with their Counselor – Running Start Enrollment Verification Form & Test results placement.
    4) Make an appointment with your High School Counselor to turn in your forms to determine your classes.

    Where do I pick up a College Test fee waiver?
    If you are on Free-Reduced Meals, you are eligible to receive a fee waiver from your Counselor.