Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Graduation Requirements:

    How do I know what courses count as Career Technical Education, Fine Arts, general Electives, etc.?
    Pick up a Course Description Guide in the Counseling Center or email your Counselor.

    How do I know if I've met the State Testing Requirements?
    Please contact Jennifer Kekuna, our Academic Intervention Specialist/Testing Coordinator, at, she is located in building 1 in room 1141.

    Running Start

    What is the process for Running Start sign ups and registration?
    Students will need to visit the Running Start college they wish to attend and create an ID number, and take a placement test or show their SBAC scores (SBAC scores could be obtained in the Counseling Center or The Source). Students will need forms signed by the student & parent, and filled out completely PRIOR to meeting with their Counselor – Running Start Enrollment Verification Form & Test results placement.

    Where do I pick up a College Test fee waiver?
    If you are on Free-Reduced Meals, you are eligible to receive a fee waiver from your Counselor.

    Grading, Transcripts & College Applications

    Do quarter grades go on my official transcript?
    No – only semester grades are reflected on the transcript.

    What is the difference between an official and an unofficial transcript?
    Official transcripts are stamped and signed by our School Principal Mr. Breland. Unofficial transcripts are simply copies of transcripts without an official signature or seal.

    How do I order an official/ unofficial transcript?
    Please see our Registrar Ms. Tagupa in the Counseling Office in order to request an official transcript. They typically take 2-3 days to process and you must have no fines. For unofficial transcripts, email or visit Ms. Tagupa at

    For college applications, how do I know if I have to order a paper transcript or if I can send an official transcript electronically?
    Common Application schools requires Counselor to upload an electronic transcript. For other schools, please check their Admissions website to determine if they will accept unofficial copies or if they require paper hard copies of official transcripts.

    Are Seattle Public School’s GPA’s weighted?
    No. We only use weighted GPA's to determine class ranking. Weighted GPA's are not published or sent to colleges.

    How do I find out my class ranking?
    Visit/email your counselor.


    Please contact Jennifer Kekuna, our Academic Intervention Specialist/Testing Coordinator, at, for State Standard testing questions.

    Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
    The SAT is an assessment used by many colleges to evaluate applicants.  SAT scores are also used in evaluating merit-based scholarship applications. The SAT is offered at Cleveland for all 11th grade students once per year (date varies), free of charge. No registration is necessary. For SAT test prep, please visit Khan Academy at: Go to the College Board website and create an account to retrieve and send test scores to colleges, as well as to register for other SAT test dates.

    American College Testing (ACT)
    The ACT is an assessment used by many colleges to evaluate applicants. ACT scores can also be used to evaluate merit-based scholarship application. Go to ACT Registration and plan for the ACT. 

    How do I compare my SAT to the ACT?
    Use this site to help you make a decision Understanding the differences.

    Where do I get waivers for the ACT / SAT if I am on free/reduced meals?
    Please visit your counselor. If you need a copy of your free/reduced meals letter, please contact Nutrition Services at 206-252-0675 or

    What is STAMP Language Testing and how do I register?
    Please visit the district website for more information World Language Credit Testing

    Physical Education (PE) waivers

    When and to whom am I supposed to turn in the PE waiver?
    Pick up a PE waiver form in the Counseling Center.The forms must be submitted to Ms. Tagupa in the Counseling Center.

    What activities count for a PE waiver?
    Participation in Seattle School District extra-curricular athletic programs count towards a PE Waiver. Participation in community-based athletics requires a weekly log documenting a minimum of 80 hours (during the semester that the student requests the waiver-summers do not count) of regular workouts, practices, and competitions. Parent/Guardian and the coach's verification are required. If you have any questions or uncertainty about your particular club activity being approved, please check with your counselor.