Cleveland High School 21-22 Basketball Spectator Announcements
Cleveland High School 21-22 Basketball Announcements
The Metro League is instituting capacity limits for gyms for winter sports between 25-50% of total capacity, except for swimming, in which no spectators are allowed.
Basketball – Range from 25 – 50% of gym capacity depending upon the school. At Cleveland the capacity will be set at 270 individuals in the bleachers.
General Spectator Rules:
- Spectators are required to purchase tickets.
- Spectators (ages 5 and up) must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative PCR test within 72 hours of the contest.
- Spectators are required to bring some form of identification
- Spectators should not arrive any sooner than 30 minutes prior to the start of the contest.
- Spectators are to sit in their guest pods to the extent possible and spacing of 6 feet apart.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- No large bags will be allowed in the facility.
- No concessions or outside food will be permitted.
Basketball Admissions Information:
In order to regulate capacity with the resources available to us, we will be implementing the following procedures and rules for attending upcoming girls and boys basketball competitions:
- All Cleveland athletes (girls and boys JV and Varsity basketball players and cheerleaders) will be able to designate 2 guests per player who will be able to purchase tickets at the gate. Athletes will be provided a game specific ticket reservation card which they will give to their designated guests. Guests will present the ticket reservation card to purchase their ticket at the gate. Ticket reservation cards will be provided to athletes the day before the game. If an athlete does not give out their ticket reservation card for a particular game, they should return it to Mr. Hughes by the end of the school day.
- Coaching staff for each team will be allocated 4 ticket reservation cards, for a total of 8 spots. The coaching staff will allocate these reservation cards to spectators as they see fit.
- 85 general admission tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Ticket sales will begin 30 minutes before JV games. Based on the number of attendees who leave following the JV contests, additional tickets may go on sale 15 minutes prior to the start of the Varsity contest(s).
- For home quad games, 20 tickets will be reserved for Cleveland High School Senior students. Seniors will have the opportunity to enter a lottery for a ticket reservation on Fridays. Winners will be notified and provided a ticket reservation card on Friday during advisory. Students will present the ticket reservation card to purchase their ticket at the gate.
- 5 tickets will be reserved for Cleveland ASB members.
- Away team spectators will need to purchase tickets at the gate.
- There are no in and out privileges. No re-admission will be allowed. Eg: If a spectator arrives for the JV contest then leaves, they may not return for a Varsity contest.