CHS: Laptop Discipline Policy
The majority of computer use needs to be for pursuing educational needs. Outside of this, students need to respect district Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
policies apply to any devices student use on campus, including but not
limited to Laptops, Cell Phones, iPods/iPads, and eReaders.
The following uses are prohibited at all times at school:
- Using a proxy to access any prohibited site
- Use of Facebook / Social Media sites that are not directly assigned by staff
- Blocked music or video streaming sites
- Downloading copyrighted material including games, music and video files
- Viewing pornographic material
- Bypassing security measures to play games or alter content on the machines
- Repeated violations of the Acceptable Use Policy
List of Consequences*:
First level: Request/Warning
The staff member reminds the student of the rule, and asks them to comply immediately.
Second level: Restriction of computer/web access
Use of the computer or Internet is limited to ECHO/Google Docs for the remainder of the period. Parents contacted and notified of the nature of the offense.
Third level: Account is limited
The account is only given limited hours of access for 2 to 5 days, depending on the severity of the offense. Parents contacted and notified of the nature of the offense.
Fourth level: Administrative action
Student meets with the appropriate administrator. These are the possible consequences:
- Account is disabled for a minimum of 5 days (up to a year)
- Student is suspended and/or must complete Saturday School/Community Service/other to be determined by administrator
- Laptop may be revoked for a period of time to be determined by the administrator (up to a year)
- Administrators may refer the case to the appropriate authorities
*Some violations of the above prohibited uses may require unique
and immediate interventions from administrators or other personnel and
may result in severe consequences.